Sunday, October 6, 2024

Clean house with kids

 Over the decades of adulthood I have been asked how I keep the house clean. Regardless of 5 kids or now adult kids coming and going.  

The vacuum in the dark secret is one that I figured out this year when I bought this little stick vacuum with a headlight. So easy to get all of the dirt now and no more coming into the kitchen and seeing all of the missed dirt in the morning light.   Bonus!  While doing this it lights up any smears on the cabinetry and I can quickly wipe them. I do regular wipe our cabinets to keep them free of grime. And if they get smear spots next to the knobs that don’t come off with soap and water I just switch to Murphys Oil Soap and the cabinets are shiny and beautiful again. 

The key to keeping your house clean is not necessarily always cleaning and ignoring your family. The key is to pick up the little messes. Teach your kids the same. Not that this ever once worked on their bedrooms.   

A clean house relaxes me. 


No comments: