Monday, November 15, 2010

Official Switch

So, we've made the official switch.....to glass.  There are just too many reports that can't seem to agree on whether reheating plastic (any grade) is okay or not.  I decided it's just not worth the risk.  I threw out most of my cheap gladware, but kept a few pieces in various sizes.  You never know when you might just need to bring a sandwich to work or just to freeze something.  But, I invested in some Pyrex containers and will hopefully add a few more over time.  We're good for now with what I already had and what I just got.  I feel better just knowing we're not taking the risk.  It was literally eating at me.  :)

Lisa

1 comment:

Pix said...

Yep. We did that a while back and love it. Extra bonus--the pyrex dishes are way easier to clean and never smell if they had a strong odored food in them. And we don't have to wonder what chemicals might be leeching into our food. Hooray!