Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Shoulda, woulda, coulda

I hate that.  I know something's coming, whatever it may be.  I plan it all in my head, how it's going to go and the conversation that will take place.  And after it's all said and done, I do nothing.  Everything I mean to say and do, I don't.  I'm always afraid of sounding dumb or saying something really wrong.

We had Cole's Make a Wish meeting tonight.  The two young ladies that came out were very nice.  They tried so hard to pry out of Cole his favorite anythings.  He wasn't very giving, but Cole...well that is Cole.  Outside of hunting and fishing, he doesn't have any major sports or hobbies.  No things he has to do or see.

They asked for his wishes and he told them Korea as #1 and Cabelas as #2.  Now that they're gone, I'm having all these panics.  Just on the very off chance he gets granted for us all to go to Korea, I'm nervous.  I mean really we were planning to go there one day, but I really didn't think it would ever happen, if it does.  I didn't think we'd have the money or Cole's heart surgery would come up instead, whatever.  I figured we'd end up not going.  So now that I'm even entertaining the idea of them granting it, I'm sort of freaking out.  I mean, Jaemin and all his freaking out issues on a plane for 13 hours?  I want to believe he'll do better than I think.  And what about Brian.  if we end up on a plan to Korea that's not got much room for him to stretch he just doesn't do well since his accident.  I'm sure I'm just nervous and totally underestimating them, but it still leaves me to worry.  I'm so great at having no control over a situation anyways.  Anyone who knows me knows this is when I freak out.  :)

I'm sure he won't get it, so I'll have to try to remember that and let myself destress.  I should have told her about Brian's issues and Jaemin's issues??

Breathing again.


2 comments:

alicia said...

Hi Lisa - Great blog posts, as always! I work in pediatric palliative care and many of the kids and families I support have had wishes granted through MAW or Dream Factory, etc. Once you have your wish reveal party and if it is indeed a trip to Korea (hooray!), you can of course tell your wish granters about your concerns. Many families have had to travel with kids who need special accomodations (more leg room, first class/business class, special touring adjustments once at destination, etc.) so be as honest as you are comfortable being so they can help plan the best trip ever for you! I'm really rooting for it to be Korea :) Best wishes - alicia in NY

Mindful_Frugalista said...

Thanks for rooting for him. We'll see how it all works out, but it would definitely be amazing and we'd be forever grateful.