Sunday, April 14, 2013

I got the job

So it happened over a week ago, but I was waiting for current management and new management to work things out.  I was set to get an increase on May 1st (these don't come easy, ever or at all, where I work) because my position was reclassed to a higher level late last year.  If I started my new job before that I would lose that.  I'd still get the new increase, but the 5/1 increase would add to that if I waited.  I didn't feel like I should tell my new supervisor 'when' I'm starting.  Seems very demanding, presumptuous and rude.  My supervisor was good with letting them train me a bit and then really starting on 5/1 and so was my new boss.  But, higher level management has an issue, that none of can seem to understand and I'm allowed to start on 5/1 as long as I do no training.  Shouldn't be a problem, though because the girl who is leave for retirement said there's only a couple things she has to show me.  She said I'm already doing everything else.  We work pretty close together already even though my new job will take me away from the bulk of what I do now and everyone I've worked with for the past several years. 

It's all alright though.  I get to keep doing what I enjoy.  I will be doing more analytical reporting and then training all of the other staff who get the tool.  The people in my new unit all seem to be pretty hard workers who seem very smart.  I'm excited about my new group, they seem very cohesive.  Best part is my new boss already seems very nice.  I haven't worked for a man in almost 20 years.  He approved me to keep my current hours, has no problems with Tuesday speech classes for Jaemin (which means I'm late every Tuesday), and was patient enough to let me give more than 2 weeks so I could keep my extra increase.  Of course, I had checked him out before I ever applied.  No money is worth an awful supervisor.  And now, we may have a little extra breathing room every month.  If something comes up or we just want to actually go out to dinner once, we could afford it.  It will be a nice break.

No comments: