Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Still a little mad

Cole did go back to school part time.  This meant I returned to work part time.  A lot of coworkers were checking in to see how he was doing, etc.  They asked about the surgery etc.  I was telling one of my friends about the Saturday Brian came home.  Like I posted that day, Cole was in a really sour mood.  He was in a ton of pain and they were still trying to regulate pain on a kid that size when they're not that used to it.  He had had a bad time of it and didn't want to see anyone, so I had called Brian at the hotel and told him to tell his parents not to come to the hospital before going home and why.  I went to the lobby to watch the kids so he could go tell Cole goodbye and sure enough my mother-in-law showed up anyways.  I just don't know why she can't respect anything I ask of her.  This is MY kid.  I was doing what he wished.  I told her that he didn't even want me there and the only reason Brian was coming in was because he was leaving to take the kids home and we didn't know exactly how long we'd be there.  

I wish just once.  Just once.  She would look at her son and say 'I know you have this.  You're a good dad and I'm proud of you'.  Instead we hear how much she needs to help us and even when we say we don't she pushes her way in.  She even told him that 5 kids were a lot to manage the first night we were going to be there before the surgery.  He did actually tell her, or should I say remind her, that we've been doing the 5 kid thing for 5 years now.  We know what it takes.  

I never mind offers for help.  I've taken some up on their offers.  But, I will most likely push back and refuse all help from you if you continue to push when we say no.  We will take it if we need it, but we try to do what we can and over the years with all of the stuff we've been through we've learned what limits we have.  That's when we will take someone up on an offer.  It's something I've had to work on, but I have worked on it and gotten better at it.

However, with my mother-in-law I just can't let her help because of the way she behaves.  I'm so irritated that if she ever steps up to me again I may just let her hear it because I don't think I can do this any longer.  I mean her son specifically told her Cole did NOT want to see anyone.  He was not feeling good.  RESPECT our wishes.  RESPECT his wishes.  She just ticks me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And, yeah.  I'm still a little bitter because it's happened so much, but this one was icing on the cake, I'm done!

No comments: