Saturday, March 29, 2008

Success!

Chase, Kaelin and I went rummage saling this morning.  When you leave to rummage sale, you never know if it's going to be a huge waste of time and gas or not.  Today was not.  It's been awhile since I've had a rummage sale excursion like this one.

Chase found a couple of hoodies and some swim trunks.  Kaelin got two or three swimsuits, sweatshirts, pants, Nike tennis shoes, soccer cleats.......on and on and on.  She made out like a bandit.  We found a PS2 game for the boys since they have none of their own and have been borrowing Austin's.  We found some books for Brian and Chelsi got a couple of shirts and a very much coveted Dora nightgown.  The two that came with each got a little toy since they behaved so well.  Chase picked out a miniature EtchaSketch and Kae picked out a brand new Groovy Girls doll.  It was in mint shape and really cute, so I couldn't say no for $2.  I think I spent about $40 in all, but that includes me taking them to breakfast at McDonald's.  It felt like a good day to splurge.

Now I'll be doing laundry all day long to wash 4 pairs of shoes and all of the clothes they got.  But, well worth it when I think that most is name brand and in perfect condition so it would have cost us a small fortune.  I love saving money this way.  Kaelin's almost set for Kindergarten.  I'm sure by then she will have grown a bit and need a few more things, but we'll check in with Darla and see if any of Gianna's clothes have been outgrown by then.  ;0)

 This is the ONLY time I like paying out money.  It feels very accomplished!


No comments: