Sunday, April 20, 2008

Chelsi lately…

My poor, poor Chels was sick a couple of weeks ago. Poor baby kept coughing and coughing and then she started running a fever. Funny thing is that I usually do NOT take my children to the doctor for a little fever.....I rarely even do for a big one. It's just a way of fighting things. But the night she started running hers, we'd just gone to church that night and was coughing and I thought to myself that I would take her to the doctor if she started running a fever just to make sure she doesn't end up with pneumonia. After all she was a premie with previous pneumonia and the cough had been going on for a couple of weeks. But I just kept thinking to myself and telling myself, in church, that it wasn't on it's way to pneumonia as long as there was no fever. At 3:00 am I got up with her and sure enough she was running a temp. She never, in the couple of days she had it, ran too high of one, but I had already brought her to urgent care that Sunday morning, first thing when they opened.

We were the first ones there and they went ahead and ran a strep and influenza test, just in case. They decided it was bronchitis and, as I feared, we should be worried of pneumonia. She felt so bad the first day or two, but perked back up quickly after antibiotics and prescription cough syrup. In the last several days, she's done so much better! Glad I listened to my intuition, it's usually right with my kids! I did feel back taking milk away from her for the first few days since that is her most favorite drink, but I didn't want her cough to be worse.

Here's how pitiful she looked the first day.






No comments: