Saturday, December 6, 2008

Reflections of Thankfulness

A little gushy, but year end, you're supposed to be, right? 

I wrapped the kids' presents today, so they can stare at them for 3 weeks and try to guess what they're getting from mom, dad and Great Grandparents. :) :)  My daughter is going to her very first birthday party and for a Chinese adoptee friend in her class.  I'm so excited for her to be going to her first party.  For a girl it's a big thing!

I think today how fortunate we are.  Fortunate for 4 wonderful (fighting sometimes, but wonderful) kids and a wonderful (annoying sometimes, but wonderful) husband who survived what could have been a horrible accident this year.  We all survived a very sickly year of appendectomies, febrile seizures, house remodel/addition, over six weeks without our husband/father and plenty of unknowns with it all. 

Kaelin is 6 and began kindergarten this year.  Something that's hard to believe she's already there.  In a town of less than 1,000 and a school of 400 (K-6) she has 18 children in her immediate classroom (almost 60 in K) and she has 3 adopted Asian children (Korea, China and Vietnam) in this small communities' classroom. I'm glad for this.   My daughter is a very popular girl in her class.  I've never seen so many kids run to be around her when we go to a school function.   She's a very sweet girl and that's why she has so many friends.

Chelsi is 3 and has begun reading sight words, since Grandma has run out of things to teach her at daycare and she loves it.  She's a cuddle bug like no other and momma's little baby.  Not potty trained yet, but she's my baby, so oh well. 

Cole and Chase are 11 and 8 are working harder than ever to get good grades and retain the ability to play sports.  Cole can be so grown up sometimes.  He has been there when mom needed a man in the house and he's beginning to show a lot of maturity.  Chase is transitioning through maturity and it's been a little hard on him, but he still let's mom kiss him and hug him and that's the best.  He's a BIG boy and I forget sometimes he's only 8. 

My children show their love and affection for each other and us.  I know they're not perfect and neither are we, but we must be doing something right.  When I hear that Chase was sick at Grandma's after school and everyone went outside except Kaelin.  She stayed to eat and talk and keep my 8 year old company.  I know my kids are wonderful, caring human beings who I'm very privileged to raise.

Lisa


No comments: