Sunday, November 9, 2008

Let's Be One Nation Under God

I've heard so many people who are truly and utterly upset that McCain lost the election.  I don't mean disappointed, but I mean in anger and thoughts of fear that this country is going to hell in a handbag.  I can't imagine being that extreme.  I guess some might say it's passionate, I still say extreme.  I would have been a little let down if Obama had lost, but far from angry.  I figured whomever won, it was part of God's plan for us all....this world, this country.  I realize we all have free will, but do you think anyone other than God could compell us all to vote a certain way for any other reason.  I hope this election taught everyone something.  1.  Don't sit by idly and let things happen.  Get involved.  Know your reps and voice your opinion to them.  2.  Our votes count...all of them. 

I hope that we see some real changes.  Not just for today, but for tomorrow.  It would be nice to see some actual changes in the way politics are run and Washington functions.  That's a tall order though.

Anyways, here's a great link I found and enjoyed.  It's from people who voted on both sides and just want us to be one.

http://www.zefrank.com/from52to48withlove/index.html


No comments: