Monday, February 1, 2010

How did he know?

He was exactly what I needed tonight.  I have been feeling kind of bad about the kind of mom I have been.  I think a lot of working moms go through this from time-to-time.  If you, personally, have never then count yourself lucky.  I've struggled with doing both since I became a mother 13 years ago.  I wish there didn't have to be them or job.  I wish it could be easier for working mothers.  I have it better than some, but I could so spend more time with my babies and would be thrilled.

All day I kept replaying in my mind what I could do to make Jaemin want to sit with me more and hug me more.  I think after one bad night where he's just a busy boy I have trouble letting go and realizing it may have just been one night.  Tonight we were sitting on the floor and he let me hold him more and he gave me nice soft hugs around my neck.  He has also become a HUGE daddy's boy which is great, but leaves mommy a little jealous.

When it got close to bedtime I brought his paci and puppy out, turned off the lights and sat on the couch with him and cradled his sweetness.  He talked to me in that soft, quiet voice for a minute or two and quickly fell asleep.  I had to just hold him a little while longer.  Brian wanted me to put him to bed, but I just couldn't let go of the very thing I'd been needing all day long and maybe more.

How does a little boy know exactly what their mother might need?  I could just sit there and stroke his hair and cradle him all night long.  How blessed I am to be his mother and thank you my little many for giving your mom exactly what she needed tonight.....YOU!

Lisa


No comments: