Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Apple doesn't fall far

Not with Brian anyways.

He tells me after work tonight that he has something awesome to show me.  He wouldn't tell me what it is just that it was the best.  I immediately asked "did you get it out of the trash or on the side of the road?"  This is his dad in him.  So, I go to the garage and he shows me the burner/stand for a fryer he found in the dumpster.  He says the dial's not working properly, but his dad (of course) said it's an easy fix.  Brian's been wanting a fryer, so I guess now we need to get the pot and strainer.

Sometimes, I wonder what people must think of us.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted ti introduce myself. I read your response to Rachel's post and saw that you mentioned Gwangju. My daughter was born there and we went back as a family(of five) the summer of 2009. My husband and I went with her to visit Gwangju, her hospital, and the unwed mother's shelter her mother stayed at. We also met her social worker that had placed her in a foster family 5 hrs after she was born. She told us our daughter looks like her mother. I felt so privileged to have that bit of information. Anyway, I just wanted to wish you well on your journey to Gwangju when you go. Blessings, Kim

Mindful_Frugalista said...

Thanks for the encouragement. If we can swing both we will. Cheju has me worried about cost and getting there and I hate to visit one and not the other and leave one of three children out. So we do both or nothing...hoping for both. It will be a once in a lifetime trip. Though, really, I'm hoping they'll allow me to travel with them as adults too one day.