Friday, October 1, 2010

She's changing her habits

I don't know if it's because she's now going to my mom's some of the week and she does the same things with her with how she raised me, staying home more, just growing up or a combination, but it's great.  Chelsi is finally eating better foods.  Of course, this after eating the same supper for 3 nights.  I made goulash Monday and she did NOT like it at all.  The rest of us thought it was pretty good.  She agreed to finish it Tuesday and on Tuesday she decided to finish it Wednesday.  It was only one scoop.   Seriously.  She didn't get the meals we had those nights since she still had to finish her goulash and Tuesday we had pancakes and egg casserole for brinner, so I think that made an impact.  She loves that. 

Wednesday, Chelsi decided she really did want to eat whatever we were having.  Especially since Thursday I had planned to make chapjae and sigeumchi nameul.  Last night she was pretty happy she finished her goulash and she ate a ton of chapjae and rice.  But, the shock was when yesterday for lunch she decided to try Jaemin's yogurt.  She liked it...but she's said that before and never tried that food again.  Today, I had a package of chocolate donuts I was using as a reward, so I asked her if she wanted a donut after she ate her chapjae for lunch.  She said she'd rather have a whole yogurt to herself.  We've tried to get her to realize yogurt is good for years!  For breakfast I thought for sure she'd pick out the chocolate peanut butter cereal since we didn't have anymore pancakes, but no, she picked out the grain cereal. 

So proud of her and her new healthy habits.  On top of that she's finally stayed dry for 2 nights in a row.  It's been months since that's happened.  I told her if she started staying dry we'd sign her back up for gymnastics.  I gotta get one of these kids out of diapers/pullups now that our budget is tighter.  Oy!

No comments: