Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's up?

It's just been busy.  I'm going back fulltime in right at a month from now.  Sadly.  But, in November I'll have a full paycheck again, which we badly need.  But, I will miss my time with Jaemin.  He's changed so much in this past year I've been home with him, so I know it was as good for him as it was for me.  He's talking better, fully potty-trained except at night and just acting so big.  The Asian lady at the grocery store just loves him and gave him $1 today.  Then, he got to pick out what he wanted me to put on his birthday cake and he picked out a big Micky Mouse candle and a confetti cake mix with white icing.  Chelsi's stuck with it too since we're not going to eat two cakes in two days.  I'll make half of it into a cake for Jaemin and half of it into Princess cupcakes for Chelsi.

I still haven't heard about the promotion.  I know enough to believe none of us that are currently employed there got it.  So it's even more hurtful that 7 weeks later they still haven't even told us we didn't get it yet.  It feels very rude and noncourteous.  I'm trying not to think about the other things I think about the situation.

We're looking into house plans and have been for a couple of weeks.  We love our house, but LOVE this piece of land.  However, we're pretty sure we can't afford to build; even if the house is only barely bigger than this house now.  So, now that we have an actual plan that's been drawn, we're hoping the builder will call and tell us if it's even possible.  If not, we stop.  If it is, we try to sell the house and start building.  If it's not possible, though, we will do some things around here, as we can.  Hopefully, that means, tearing down our deck and rebuilding a smaller deck and doing some concrete work.  Maybe a couple of other small projects, but make this more the way we want it.  Don't know yet.  As long as we can get the deck in before Winter, I'll be happy.  It's cheap and not a big job, just has needed done for a couple of years now.

Other than that, we're just trying to enjoy life and squeeze in some football.  Tomorrow's going to be a busy day though.  I have to work part of the day and then take Kaelin and some other friends to a friend's birthday party.  The mom called tonight to ask if I could help drive them into the location.  Sounds like fun!  I think it's going to be about 10 9 year old girls eating frozen yogurt, doing karaoke and making tiedye shirts.

No comments: