Thursday, August 14, 2014

1st Day Success


I told Jaemin I would call him after he got off the school bus to see how his day went.  He told me I didn't need to because "he was going to have a great day".  He really is such a good boy.

I did call and he told me his day was "awesome!" and then he said he couldn't talk to me anymore because he had to go potty.  All the kids did fine.  Just old hat for the older ones.  Even Chelsi didn't have anything big, new or exciting to report.  Jaemin was excited that his friend J is in Kindergarten and he played with her at recess.  I had emailed his teacher a couple of days ago to tell her how nervous I've been about this day because of his issues.  She reaffirmed that she had velcro on the underside of his desk for his sensory and she would keep on eye on him socially.  She called me this evening to let me know he really had a great day.  She said he actually initiated small conversation with her which was a big step since he didn't talk much at summer school.  To be clear, she said he only would answer yes or no to questions.  Nothing more.  He was all smiles when I walked him in.  Walking him all the way in was more for me then him.  I've never done that for any of the other kids, but I needed to make sure he was okay.  Nothing but smiles from him.  He's so happy he gets to go back tomorrow!  Chase said he was already on the bus when Jaemin got on and when he didn't see the girls Jaemin went straight to the back to sit with big brother.  So sweet that he let Jaemin sit with the whole time.  I'm so relieved that so far it's great.  I hope things continue.  His teacher says no worries....I will always worry.  I'm his mom.

Now, we just have to get all 5 through the whole year!

No comments: