Friday, August 8, 2014

She's Okay

I was a little....  Okay a lot......worried about Miss Chels.  She had some symptoms and the doctor ordered a fasting glucose.  I called for results this morning and they said her glucose was fine but several others were abnormal including creatinine, lymphocytes and neutrophils.  Doing what I do for a living, that scared me.  She said she'd forward to the doctor and someone would call.  They finally called and said there was another number that indicated she had recently had something viral.  She did have several sores on her shoulder the other night that looked like the remains if chicken pox.  Not a shocker since I don't think that vaccine works very well.  Anyways, to be on the safe side we'll repeat the test in a month.  Pretty relieved right now.
And since my girl had to fast for 12 hours we went to McDonald's for breakfast.  She has tiny veins and blood draws are rough.  I couldn't promise the tech she would hold still since she's skiddish, so she had a guy come to hold her hands.  Well, Chelsi thought the worst and started in on the quiet crying she did when she came home as an infant.

No comments: