Monday, May 8, 2023

Work hard…sometimes means work more

 There’s the saying of work smarter not harder and that is VERY true.  You can do thinks that make your money work for you. For instance, if I have my money locked up in a CD making 4% and we need a new car and the loan is .9% (true story) then why would I cash out money from making 4% when I can just borrow .9% and then pay off when the CD comes due or it financially makes more sense?  That’s an example of making my money work for me. 

But sometimes you have to work harder too. Sometimes, especially in the beginning, you don’t have money to work for you yet. You have to get there. The marathon has just begun. 

@rachelcruze has a great reel explaining working extra jobs  and putting in the budging effort. Young adults need to do this even if not in debt. We weren’t in debt when we got married by much. A home loan and one car loan but I was always afraid of the next appliance breaking down or car repair bill so we always tried to stay ahead of the game. My husband also got paid every two weeks which meant two months in the year he got one extra paycheck. That always was earmarked for savings.  Most of our vacations were inexpensively planned and we’re using rebates, cashback from credit cards etc but never did we carry credit card debt or medical debt. I have another reel on the medical debt scenario and will eventually make a better video explaining that.  But yes. Work your butt off. The peace of mind I’m having a savings is amazing. 

Check out and follow @rachelcruze and my Instagram @mindful_frugalista for more financial ideas.

#peacefulsavings #moneysavingtips #workextra #sidegigs #putintheeffort


No comments: