Saturday, December 9, 2023

Hit me with your best shot

 

This is totally on the joking side.  I know they’re not trying to hurt me. It’s just a thought that passed through my mind as I was trying so hard not to cry or scream when he popped my joint making it hurt worse and stuck the needle in and proceeded to move it around within the joint to get all of the affected area. He’s the 2nd ortho I’ve been to in the two years since the scooter accident that caused the arthritis. I only switched because he has a better procedure with less recovery time in mind for when I want to fix it. I will say though, the last ortho who gave me the shot the last time left me with pain for two full days and horrible bruising.  This time the pain was more minimal. I lost function of my hand for a couple of hours and it hurt here and there but nothing like the past several times.  Now hoping for several months of minimal pain and maybe not wincing every time someone attempts to touch my hand/thumb.   
It was a week of shots. I started off Tuesday getting some spots on my shoulder biopsied for skin cancer because they were way to close to a previous cancer spot for me to wait for an appointment. When I called I found out my NP had left the practice and didn’t tell her patience. Bad practice!  They offered up an other doctor and because I was so anxious about the situation I took it. He turned out to be fantastic and I plan to stay. He was great at listening and quickly shaved the spots for biopsy. Including me in every decision instead of just doing what he wanted. By Friday I was getting an injection in my hand and now that I know my skin spots are not cancer this time (thank God) I can focus on getting the spots to heal nicely and be pain free in my hand for a bit. 

#arthritissucks #cortisoneinjection #medicalintervention 

No comments: