Thursday, January 8, 2009

Potty for Webkinz

WARNING:  This post is a little graphic.  Not for young readers.  :) :)

Not quite what it sounds like, but we're seeing if Chelsi will potty for a Webkinz.  I told her the other night that if she quit peeing in her diaper, long enough to wear underwear, she could play games with us instead of watching.  I tried to tell her big girls that wear underwear can play big kid games. 

We're at the point we've tried everything for her to go potty.  Sometimes she does and sometimes she doesn't.  It's not really that she can't, I don't think.  She's just too busy and honestly, doesn't care.  Everytime she says she's already wet she smiles kinda like "what's the big deal".  We've tried offering money, candy, privileges, setting a timer, whatever.  The timer has helped the most, but not worked completely.  She, at least, goes willingly now.  She rarely complains about interrupting whatever she's doing to go now. 

Shortly after I told her she could play big kids if she gets into underwear she informed me that she wants a Webkinz like big sister if she wears underwear.  I told her that was fine.  She went on and on how she could take care of her Webkinz on the computer and sleep with it at night.  She also told me she wanted an elephant like the one she sleeps with now.  So, I made sure there was one and sure enough.  For the last two days, she's been rarin' to go for that darn elephant.  Tonight, I posted this picture above her potty, by her bed, on the fridge and one for grandma's house. 

[caption id="attachment_294" align="aligncenter" width="250" caption="I need Chelsi!"]I need Chelsi![/caption]

 

She's working hard for this little guy and finally, even, went poop on the potty at grandma's.  She's gone before, but only if we catch her and she finishes there.  She went on her own yesterday, which, I believe, is a first!  Go Chelsi go!!


No comments: