Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Getting a routine in order

This is my first week back, so I've been taking leave early to make sure Jaemin knows I'm not leaving him.  Not that he's not fine anyways.  I guess since it's grandma's daycare and we've visited so often AND his brothers and sisters are there he seems very adjusted.  The first day he went to her just fine and was content.  Then when I picked him up she'd woke him up for me and he was very groggy and didn't seem to care if I was there or not.  Today I've been a bit worried am I doing this right or not?  Because today, again, he went to her very easily, but didn't want to come back to me.   :(  I think he was interested in what the big kids were eating and he knew who was going to feed him that and with this boy, food comes first!  I picked him up today and his back was to me because grandma was holding him across the room.  I was talking to Chelsi as I entered and grandma said she knew I was there because as soon as he heard my voice he started kicking.  By the time I walked over there he was getting really excited.  :)  Made me feel SO much better!!

I'm so glad to think he just might be adjusting better than the girls did.  I just didn't expect that, but will still treat him as if he's not and use our bonding tools.  He loves being in the carrier anyways.  He can sleep on me while I make supper or do dishes and he's perfectly content to do that.  So am I!  As long as, in the end, he's attached that's all that matters.

Lisa


No comments: