Friday, September 18, 2009

What a day!

In midst of 3 sick kids in 4 days and Lysoling and Chlorixing the house for the 4th time this week and getting ready for a TOL party tonight (which will be very small family only now with strep), I went to check on little man sleeping and he was all sprawled out in his crib wearing nothing but a diaper. I looked at him and smiled and thought....he's ours. I'm so happy he's ours. How lucky were we to get a call, out of the blue, and find out we had a baby we'd never planned for, but couldn't imagine him not in our lives.

My J turns 1 today and my little boy. He took a couple of steps today, finally slept the majority of the night last night and has been smiling and talking all day. He put his hand to his face this morning and said "heo....dad". He just kept talking to his dad on his hand. So glad to get to spend today at home with him instead of work. While I don't wish one of my other baby boys were sick, I'm just thankful for all the time I get with him.

How do you thank the Lord enough for a blessing so sweet. I have 4 others that I'm truly thankful for too, but he was just such an unexpected blessing and has truly made our lives better and happier. Even on the nights (many, many) that he pushed away, hit, slapped and scratched, I couldn't believe God was entrusting another baby to us. Even though he's a bull-headed little boy who doesn't care for the word "no" and therefore ignores, I just am in awe. I love his differences from his siblings as well as his similarities. He's the glue that binds the other 4 together....truly.

Thank you, Lord, for this boy, thank you for Korea who cares enough to call for siblings and thank you DH who knew we needed him here with us, with no doubts.

I love you bubby. Happy Birthday to the sweetest kisser in the world!





No comments: