Sunday, June 13, 2010

Business as usual

Cole and Jaemin and I were all home this week one day.  We all 3 had fevers, real low, on the same night.  I figured Cole had strep again, so I took both boys in since Jaemin had been coughing for so long.  Cole definitely had strep, but the doctor didn't want to put Jaemin through the test, so since he either had strep, sinus infection and/or bronchitis he put all 3 of us on meds.  Cole and I were feeling better pretty quickly, but Friday was still really rough on Jaemin.  I had called the doc on Friday to see if it was his acid reflux getting worse or what he thought.  They finally called back and decided that we need to seriously look into his allergies.  We know he's allergic to blueberries and strawberries.  He's also allergic to all sunscreens we've tried...including my mother-in-laws that has nothing added in it because of her allergies.

They're supposed to call back tomorrow after they find someone to look into the foods and someone willing to see a child under 2 years old.  I'm debating taking him to a pediatric gastroenterologist too.  But, I'm not sure what that would entail.  I don't want them scoping him right now and putting him through that if we don't need to.  I'll see what they say regarding an allergist first.  He was wheezing from time-to-time yesterday, so I used the nebulizer yesterday and today and it worked wonders.  Yesterday he was scared of it and today he just sat down and inhaled.  His cough sounds so much better!  Acid reflux is just not good for anybody, so hopefully we can figure out the cause for him.

Chelsi is still awaiting her follow-up.  They don't think her birth defect is causing her problems and we've got her on daily cranberry juice to make sure she has no further infections.  I'm hoping they're going to have more information for us in July.

No comments: