Friday, June 25, 2010

Odds and Ends

I've just been too busy to write anything down on a regular basis, but I don't want to forget any moments in my life because everyone seems so precious.  Even stupid little details that are extremely boring. 

The older 4 have finished their first week of swim lessons.  I don't think the older 3 are going to pass this time around, but it's normal when you're in higher level classes.  You should be mastering it before you go on.  The boys are thinking about becoming lifeguards, so they have plenty of time to get through the next level.  They're all enjoying it and that's really all that matters.

Jaemin is totally enjoying going along so he can splash around in the baby pool.  There's an Asian man and his daughters that come every week and the dad always comes over to talk to Jae.  He really seems to like him and his girls are the same ages as my littlest two. 

Right now everyone's just getting super excited about our next Cardinals game next week.  Jaemin has totally learned how to raise his arm and yell CHARGE! Too cute!

As of now, we have a new member of the family.  The shelter was having some free adoption days, so the boys finally got to go and pick out a dog.  They found a 3 year old lab that needed a home.  He's pretty well behaved and was actually an inside dog (Jaemin, Chase and I can't take that), but is outside now.  He wants to come in the house so bad though...I do feel bad, but labs are just fine outside.  I'm hoping Brian and the boys can take him to the lake to swim.  I bet he'd like that!  He likes truck rides.

Since Brian was picking up the dog I told him I'd pick up the youngest 3 at grandmas.  We went straight outside so the little kids could see Butter (the lab).  Jaemin kept saying 'puPPy', but wasn't real interested.  The dog is almost 80 pounds, so I think he intimidates J a little.  Jaemin would rather stick to the beagle.  He's much closer to Jae's size and he likes Jaemin too.  Jaemin is SO good!  I watered the flowers and then told him it was time to go in and take showers so we could eat dinner and he just turns around and walks to the door and goes on in.  He loves to sit with me at the baby pool and just play with me quietly.  He probably looks like a great big momma's boy, but I'll take it any day.  He so great about finishing supper if we have ice cream sandwiches to eat afterward.  He's even starting to pick up toys.  He does have a ornery streak.  He likes to grab things and take off running as he laughs the whole way!

I'm telling you if you had seen him one year ago you would never believe this is the same little boy.  He's not somber.  He smiles a lot and he's super friendly from a distance.  He loves to tell everybody hi and bye and apparently one of his favorite daycare friends is Addie.  We love to say "Adddiiieee".  It's so cute.  And yes, he still lets me crawl into his toddler bed with him to cuddle before he goes to sleep.  If he's not quite tired when I leave him he gets up and gets his dinosaurs or trucks to sleep with. 

I never thought I could ever love another little boy so much, but I do!!!!!

No comments: