Monday, February 20, 2012

Yummmmm!!

Made one of the best meals today.  Put some chicken in a saucepan with onions.  Put that in a bowl with a can of tomato sauce, chili season, cumin and garlic.  Then I mixed in copped zucchini and apples.  I mixed refried beans with chipolte sauce in another bowl; and a little taco sauce.  I had two 9x13 pans and spread the refried bean mixture on the bottom of each.  Then I dumped some of the meat mixture on that.  Layer with some tortilla shells.  Then a layer of cheese and another layer of tortilla shells.  Then you layer the last of the meat mixture and more cheese.  Then a last layer of tortilla shells and cheese on top.  Bake that at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.  Then top with chopped tomatoes and lettuce.  Bake about 5 more minutes and eat.

Goes even better with strawberry shakes.  We had a healthy meal with veggies, fruit and everything all rolled into one and it was super easy and really yummy.  And it true Lisa fashion I started with one recipe and then mixed in pieces of another I'd seen and threw in some things I just thought sounded good.  As usual my taste bids didn't let me down.


No comments: