Friday, May 18, 2012

Awards for the Girls

Only the elementary school does awards (the older boys can only get state test awards).  It was sort of chaotic, to say the least.  And it's still kinda, well, dumb, but they got awards.  I'm not saying the awards they give our are dumb, just that they give these great door prizes that only the kids who don't get academic awards can get.  So, yeah, they incentives for not trying as hard.  Kaelin got the Presidential Fitness award as usual.  I told her to strive for top sit ups or fastest mile next year.  She can do that.  She's very strong and athletic.  Chelsi got a Music award and Reading award.  That's a whole other topic I won't go into.  I know my child is tops and that's all that's important.  Chelsi was the only one of the girls I could catch out on the floor that morning, so I took their pictures with their awards tonight.  She's admiring her first, of many, medals.

No comments: