Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A little towards Korea

I know that Make a Wish is real and I know that our meeting with them was real, but now that it's 2 months since Cole's Wish Granters, Sarah and Juneall, it really seems like it was this distant memory sort of dream.  Almost like it only happened in my head one night.  I know it's real, but it's sort of an argument with myself.  Cole is asking too.  Almost like he thinks we could possibly know something he doesn't.  I want to believe it's just because they're trying to make Korea happen and it's a very tall order, but I guess just as easily they could be trying hard to make his #2 come true for the shopping spree.  Maybe it's just as hard?  I don't know.

In the meantime, the saving towards Korea has not stopped by any means.  We have no idea if it's possible through MAW, so we're continuing on our 6 year journey of saving for us to all go together.  One of the things we came up with was to tell our 2002 pick up and get something not quite as nice, since he only uses it for hunting and fishing.  Remember we bought that truck 3 years ago thinking we needed the 4 doors so we could all ride together easier.  THEN....came Jaemin 2 months after we bought it and we could no longer all fit in it.  Brian's only driven it 7,000 miles in 3 years and that's just crazy to even have it.  I realize it's not a nice fancy truck to a lot of people, but it was to us.  We sold it last night and ended up finding a 1996 Chevy 4x4 to replace it.  Can't beat it for under $3,000, a few more miles, but it's the same year and make of truck we traded for our Ford 3 years ago.  BUT, it has a vinyl floor instead of carpet because it's a knock down, which is totally awesome!  The kids' dad, that we bought it from is a transmission guy and just replaced it, so we're praying we have many years of driving it.  It's a little rough, but not too bad.  After all was said and done and we did the math, we were able to put $6,000 towards Korea.  That's a massive chunk!  We're pretty much at our goal of where we need to be since we sold the truck and we're praying hard for no major, unexpected, expenses that would drain it again. 

I've been so excited that we might get to go, that I bought the bigger 3 kids passport carriers for the plane ride, so they can just keep them around their necks as we travel.  They even got to pick the colors and they were only $5.  I bought myself a pink one so I can carry my passport and Jaemins.  Brian will use the black carrier my grandma bought me before we went in 2009 for Jaemin.  He can carry Chelsi's passport and his own. 








I even called a travel agent, in Chicago, that someone on one of our adoption Facebook groups recommended.  The lady said she could get a pretty good discount if we went their preferred airlines.  I asked her what the going rates for this May were so I can have a better idea.  She said about $1500 for adults and $1300 for kids.  I asked her who the preferred airlines were and she said KAL or Asiana.  Whooohoooo....my preferred too!  I asked her when we should call and she said by January because by March they'll be pretty much full and with 7 of us to keep together, the earlier the better.  So excited to think that I can possibly start calling in December after Cole's heart check.  I will be so over the moon when Korea is real. 

No comments: