Saturday, June 23, 2012

One of the best dads

No, this is not a brag about Brian.  While he is a great dad, I want to always remember and let my nephew know that he has an awesome dad.  His dad stood tall, told the truth always and acted as a good Christian through everything that was thrown at him.  He never shot low.  He never looked for revenge.  He only thought of his son and what was best for him.  And, now, he is rewarded.  After a very long year he gets to be a dad, fulltime, to my nephew!  And finally after 3 long years of 'someone' not allowing our entire family to see my brother, we should get to see him again in August and after 2 years of life I will get to meet my nephew for the first time in person; not through Skype.  I'm so happy and excited.  And mostly I am so proud of my brother for what he has demonstrated to so many people on behaviors we should all have.

B, just enjoy E.  I know it will feel so surreal at first, but you deserve this and so does he.  I know you have so much time you want to make up for and things you want to do, but you now have all the time in the world.  As you well know everything's unimportant compared to time with your child.  Just spend it.  Know that all of us here at home absolutely love and miss you two and I can't wait to be an aunt to E and give him a big hug!  And I can't wait for my kids to meet their cousin finally!

No comments: