Sunday, July 8, 2012

Seoul depressed

Yes, I'm still trying to plan and budget our trip for 10 months from now.  I realize I've been working on this off and on for 2 years now.  There is SO much to think about and I've been sort of delving into our stay at Jeju and Gwangju and well, lets just say I gave up.  It's impossible to figure everything out that will work for us.  So, I went back to making my hotel list for Seoul. There's not much of anything for us and I can't find any prices for Gwangju, so I think we'll end up having to depend on a travel agent, which I was hoping not to do.

UUUGGGGHHH!!!!!

It really stinks finding something suitable for a family of 7!  You have to keep in mind, if you're used to only staying in hotels in the US the rooms in Seoul are MUCH smaller unless they're serviced residence apartments, like we stayed at when we picked Jaemin up.  However, one large enough, like Fraser Place Central, for us is over $450/night.  Ouch!  There's literally nothing else in comparison.  Either they just can't fit us or it's the same price to get us in.  It's also harder because you'll see a room that says 2 double beds, but you can only sleep 2 adults and 1 child max, according to their rules.  I can't even find rooms big enough for 4 of us, hoping to get connecting rooms for the other 3 of us. 

I found one alternative that we will go to if we have to and it looks nice enough, but it's up a very large hill on the side of Namsan and I think after a long day of walking that would be even harder on Brian and the kids.  It's a 15 minute walk up the hill, is my understanding.  But, it may be absolutely all we can afford.

Notice I'm trying to stay as close to the Namdaemun area as possible so we're not spending our entire stay on the subway.

No comments: