Thursday, July 5, 2012

Where do we stand on Korea?

We're there.  We now have just enough to go.  Now, we have to save to have enough for, at least, some emergencies in between and after now and then.  Can't be totally irresponsible.  I have received the last of my adapters.  I apparently ordered the wrong ones from Kmart and luckily when I went to pick them up they had gone on clearance for $1.  So, no biggie.  They'll work in Korea, just not well because they're Type C and probably a little too skinny.  I just picked up the other ones, Type F (I believe) from Westlakes Hardware  and they're the right ones.  We'll bring all of them with us so we're covered, since they're all very tiny.  I still only have one converter, but am not sure I really need more than 1 since most things are made dual voltage nowadays.  I've started my lists of carry-on items versus checked bag items.  Kinda fun.  The kids have NO idea how much planning and thinking is involved when there are 7 traveling to Korea for 2 weeks. 

I even bought a bunch of scooter skirts for the girls to wear, on clearance at Kohls of course.   It can be quite warm (HUMID) there in late May, early June, so I'm thinking comfort.  Can't worry about shoes at this point, but they'll be limited anyways.  Everything I buy myself, which isn't much, is with Korea in mind.  I even found the last of the sandals I've been looking for for 2 years now.  I finally found them on Amazon for $10.  The ladies of the house are pretty much ready.  Brian just needs some polo type shirts and maybe one or two more pairs of fairly nice shorts.  Jean shorts and athletic pants don't go over well over there like the men of my house wear all the time here.  I absolutely have to wait to buy the big boys' clothes.  They're at those growth periods where they could shoot up inches at a time, so they'll be last minute on shoes, shirts and shorts.  Jaemin...well I'll have to check his to be worn bin in his closet.  I don't know if he even has summer clothes for next year.  May have to raid the next 50% sale at Children's Place.  Since he lost his diaper last summer we got another year out of most of last year's clothes, but that isn't going to happen next year.  He'll definitely be in a size bigger.

While I'm SO excited that it's really getting close to being real, I'm still a little cautious since I know that all it takes is Cole unexpectedly needing his surgery or some large financial catastrophe and the dream is, at the very least, put on hold.  But, for now I'm enjoying the fact that we're planning on it and it is probably going to finally, really happen after so many years of saving, planning and budgeting. 


No comments: