Tuesday, January 8, 2013

SEOUL!!!

Finally.  We have saved and saved and saved for over 7 years.  I have gathered things we would need over the years to keep from spending all at once.  I have watched fares for over 2 years.  I have researched where we would want to go and checked information on the hotels. 

Finally, it's real.  Of course, I'll feel better once we're on that plane, but we have hotel reservations at Fraser Place Central for a two bedroom premier room, which is AWESOME!  We get a breakfast buffet every morning, which is great, even though there is a Paris Baguette nearby.  Today, I held my breath and bought the airline tickets.  That is literally the biggest purchase I'll ever put on my credit card.  I had to check the balance first to make sure it wouldn't get maxed out over the limit.  I had to even call them to let them know there would be a very large purchase coming through.  But, I did it!

We used East West Travel Agency in Chicago and Cathy was SO SO nice and didn't shoo me like some of the other agents when I asked 20 million questions.  She's very attentive to everything.  They even have a Seoul contact number, so we should be good either way, regardless of where we are.  And comparably she got us the best fares of anyone I called.  So, we're going to go all out and fly Korean Air.  Each of us will have our own tv screen and be able to watch whatever movie we choose or the kids can watch kid shows or listen to music.  Each seat also has a USB charger and outlet so the kids can charge their iPods the whole 13 hour flight from Chicago to Seoul and be fully entertained.  Most of the other flights said there was only one meal offered during the flight time, but they're feeding us twice, plus they overwhelm with snacks during the flight.  Our travel agent even emailed me so she could put in the kids' meal requests.  They can choose between an adult Korean meal or a kids meal (spaghetti, pizza, hamburger, etc.).  Jaemin is getting the kids meal and the girls are having bibimbap!

Cathy put us in great seats on the first flight to Chicago, so we're sitting in front of and back of each other and then she will select our exact seats for Korean Air about 90 days before the flight.  You can't do it until then. 

Now the agencies are all working to talk to the foster mothers to see if they can visit with us on our non-planned days.  Jaemin's has already said she's ready to see him.  I can't wait for them all to see the kids and how big they've gotten.  I can't wait to see our big boys in this new environment.  Chase asked me this morning if planes fly above the clouds. I told him it will and he just said 'that is awesome' with that little girly voice on the awesome like boys do. 

The girls have drawn pictures for their Korean mother's files.  I've written my letter.  I printed off the portraits I took this fall of all of them and put their Korean names on them and their ages so I can frame for their foster mothers as a gift.  Then, we'll leave one in their Korean mothers' files as well.  Now I just pray no one gets sick or anything before the trip.

YAY!!

1 comment:

alicia said...

Oh my goodness that is just so exciting! What work this was to plan - it will all be worth it though! Congratulations!


alicia colangelo
acolange4@gmail.com