Wednesday, February 6, 2013

When you feel that urge

to tell someone good job or thank you, do it!  It's so easy to forget about it and dismiss it...I do it a lot.  I just get busy and don't follow through with my thoughts and good intentions.

Tonight, I did and it made a difference.

I had just told my mom about some things that our middle school was doing and has been doing that makes things easier for the kids and parents.  I thought for once I'd email to let them know.  So even though I'm pretty sure our superintendent doesn't like me because of our previous engagements, I cc'd him because I thought he should also be aware.

Shortly after I emailed her (the principal) to thank her and the teachers, I got an email back saying that I had made her day.  She told me how bad the day had been and that she was questioning some things until she read my email and it was just what she needed.

What we do so impacts someone else.  When we're grouchy and lash out we set others on a course for being grouchy and upset for the day.  It passes on throughout everyone we and they intersect.  But, when we make someone's day and make them happy, they can pass that on instead.  I think we could all use that and I don't do it near enough.

No comments: