Saturday, May 11, 2013

Good Choice

I'm so glad that since we've had 7 years of saving, we've also had 7 years of planning our Korea trip.  Needless to say there is A LOT of planning for a family of 7 to leave for 2 weeks.  I've had so many lists going for the last several months.  I have to-do lists, packing lists, itinerary, lists of maps in Seoul, etc.  I've spent the last few weekends working hard around the house every single weekend, of course, that also means every one else in the house has been working hard too.  We got all of the flowers in, the garage cleaned up (that wasn't planned until the septic backed up), windows are washed, Spring cleaning is done.  I knew May would be terribly busy and I didn't want to stress any of us out anymore than we'd already be getting ready to go and getting ready for school to be out.  So this weekend, I cleaned the windows one last time, so much pollen on the outside, and am just sitting back to enjoy.  I've printed my coupons for my last shopping trip before we leave.  Chase had his birthday party last night and is enjoying spending the day fishing with his brother, dad and his friend for his birthday.  Mother's Day I'll spend doing my monthly shopping and finishing laundry up.  I spent some time earlier in the week to do the meal planning for the next week and 1/2 so we don't end up with an abundance of left overs or perishables.  I have one last grocery list; no perishables allowed.  So far, very relaxing!

Next week will be very busy, but we knew that.  I have the 5K for a fundraiser for our neighbor's grandson, a local celebration will be the rest of the day, possibly dependent on weather.  Then, Sunday is set to clean the house one last time and set all of the suitcases out and realistically pack everything.  Monday, the boys have their sports physicals and of course I have to work.  Hopefully, Cole will get his license this week.  That could help a bit, bur Brian has to have time to take off and take him first.  Tuesday I'm taking off early to take the girls for some couponed pedicures for their first time.  Taking the in-laws to dinner for their anniversary (40th) and then packing up the van to leave.

Chelsi is so excited she wants it to be here so bad.  Jaemin wants it to be in 2 days, he says.  I hope it's not a beach incident like Chelsi had.  She was so excited to see the beach for the first time, got knocked over by a wave and that was the end of all excitement and beach going for the week.  Hopefully, Jaein's experience will be as awesome as Chelsi's was 4 years ago.  Afterall, this is the only time the 7 of us will be able to do this together.....or probably every again for any of us since it's SO expensive and took so long to save for.  So worth it.....I hope!

No comments: