Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Prized Souvenirs from Seoul

We found this little shop in Insadong (not the one with the pottery that I broke and had to scramble to replace) and found beautiful art.  I could have bought a lot more, but could only afford to bring home (space and otherwise) and frame so much.  So, I settled on one simple, yet elegant painting that her husband did and one more traditional.  The simple one is usually one that she (the wife) would paint your name on, but I asked her to write family on it.  The other one is one material they would usually use for a scroll....the scroll would have probably been cheaper than having it special framed for it's odd size (food for thought for anyone going).  I put the cranes in my bedroom since I have no art in there and it's BEAUTIFUL!  The other one is in our entry and I'm going to print off some of the pictures from this trip (2009 trip photos are collaged on a different wall) in black and white in really simple box frames around the picture.  I can't wait to have time to do my photo editing and I already know some of the ones I will use.


No comments: