Monday, August 12, 2013

That annual event is here, and then some

Yes, the start of the school year is here again.  #1 is a junior, #2 is in 8th grade, #3 is in 5th grade, #4 is in 2nd grade and #5 has one more year of daycare before he gets to go to school.

Cole started his job today.  I don't think he likes it, but don't think he hates it either.  It's money either way.  Not too many hours, but luckily it's only a 10 minute drive from home (and there aren't too many of those), so it won't cost too much in gas.  He has to pay his bills some how.  Hopefully, they'll work with him when wrestling starts, but we'll see in November.

Chase officially started practice, but for him was more unofficial since he broke his finger and still has stitches in his knee.  A friend is taking them out for him Wednesday night before practice, so he should be able to slap on some bandaids and get his football pants on finally.  The coaches are being pretty careful with him.  They don't want anything to happen on their watch for sure.  He said he ran and got to take handoffs, but no contact.....he can't anyways without the doctor's release.  Hopefully, he'll only miss 2 games.  I'm thinking in the end, most kids that play football for years are going to have some sort of injury they'll experience.  If not, you're not playing.  I'm really hoping this is the worst of it.  Fingers crossed!

Chelsi is SO ready to go back to school.  She told me how much she misses her kids class....all summer, I've heard about this.  This is her gifted class.  She loves the other students and likes writing the papers and research.  More than I thought, but she's only in 2nd grade, so we'll see if she feels the same way next summer.  :)

Kaelin, I'm pretty sure is ready for school.  She just isn't going to say too much if she's a little nervous.  I'm sure she is now that she's a little fish in a big pond at the middle school.  But, Chase will be there with her this year and she has some of his same teachers, so that's good.  She'll be fine as always.  And now that she's older she has so much more to look forward to.  She gets to start real school volleyball in 7th grade!

Jaemin is ready for school.  Brian's right.  It took 5 kids to get one just like him.  He has at least as much energy (as Brian used to have) and LOVES to read.  I had him put his book down (in bed) to kiss me goodnight and he was upset because he thought I lost his place.  He said it was his favorite part.  It's so cute!!  And I love how much he loves reading.  He says "YAY" when he gets to read every night.  Just so we're clear.  I am NOT allowed to read to him.  He reads to me or himself.

No comments: