Thursday, May 8, 2014

Awards and events


I was sad that I could not go to the visitation of a friend's father or the funeral.  We just had too much.  Cole had an appointment yesterday afternoon and then he actually got a school award last night and I did guilt trip him into going a little bit.  I would have given up and was, but I DID really want to go.  He's never gotten any award for anything, so it didn't matter, I really wanted to see it.  It was in Industrial Materials, but it's still an award.  This morning, I had the day off, Chelsi officially got her character trait award at school.  Hers was from September and it was for Respect.  They don't award them monthly for the parents, just the kids and then do the celebration at the end of the year for all of the kids.  There were four per grade since there are four classes per grade.  Then, the school provided donuts afterward.  That was at 8:15 this morning.  At 9 am I ran down to the middle school to watch Kaelin in the talent show.  It started at 8:30, but she asked to be pushed back so I could hopefully do both.  I did make it.  It was rough for her.  She's never done just two girls and I think she got nervous.  She forgot the words or was just afraid.  Her friend carried her through, but I could see the tops of her eyelids getting red.  I know she's getting ready to cry then.  She held it together and finished, but when she sat down she was crying a bit.  One of the teachers and counselor were pretty concerned.  They all really like her.  One of the girls in Chase's class was trying to make her feel better.  I took her out to the cafeteria for a second to remind her that it didn't matter how well she did.  She was brave enough to try in front of the whole middle school.  She should be proud of herself no matter what.  She seemed fine then.  Plus it was Hallelujah.  That's a difficult song!  We didn't get home until 10:30 and Jaemin was tired, so he just played play-doh for the afternoon.  I do have to say they had some pretty talented singers.  One had a really amazing voice singing Love Story.  Her friend was good too, but not quite as good.  What I loved the most was that even though Kaelin kinda choked a bit, her friends loudly cheered her on in the stands and the whole crowd still cheered her on their feet!




No comments: