Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My Jaejae

The ENT called today and said the xray showed the swelling on Jaemin's adenoids were 'moderate'.  He said xrays tend to underestimate the swelling, so it's more severe.  He said no doubt Jaemin needs it out.  Not a big deal surgery at all.  It's really kinda like kids getting tubes in their ears.  However, I'm pretty protective over my boy and after the last time he went under anesthesia I have to be.  It was so traumatic for both of us when he woke up.  Enough so that they came and got me much sooner than they had planned because he was so upset.  They said because of his sensory disorder they couldn't or wouldn't do it in their surgery clinic and wanted him to be in a hospital setting. I spent some time calling to find out what each hospital's protocol was on letting parents go back post op.  They all have policy of that the child has to be awake, etc. before a parent can come back.  I explained his hard transition and attachment to us.  I explained his sensory disorder and I explained how important it is that he knows I haven't left him and when you wake up after anesthesia you're so disoriented and scared and that's just everybody.  For him, it's even more of a traumatic experience.  I ended up talking to a lady who said she was over it all and would make an exception to get us back as soon as the tubes were out from surgery.  They're also going to try to allow us to spend as much time with him as possible before they put him out....maybe even until he's out.  I asked her for her name and told her I would hold her to her promise.  She gave me her direct line and said just to call with the date of the surgery and she will make sure to hold to her promises.  I called the doctor back and told them okay and apparently they had been on the phone with the hospital voicing my concerns as well.

I felt so much better.  Jaemin's not very happy he has to go to the doctor, but I've been trying to explain that they will fix his snoring, make his breathing easier and make him feel so much better.  He's a little scared even though he doesn't really understand.  I'm glad it's in less than 2 weeks.  Get it over with.  A couple of days and he'll feel so much better.

I LOVE this boy!

No comments: