Tuesday, October 17, 2023

The little things


 It really is the little things. 

I was sitting with my youngest daughter, the other night , as I have so many nights lately while she brainstorms her many scholarship essays. I looked over and saw this beautiful, dainty, opal ring on her tiny hands and it just made me smile. My mom had given me my first ring when I was 13. And then I got a pearl ring later in high school.  When each of my girls turned 13 I passed one onto each of them.  Chelsi has hers sized down to a 4 to fit her and it’s just beautiful to see her wearing it daily now that she’s 18.  My girls make my heart full and I couldn’t love them more. Every moment with them is a treasure.  

Even these moments of staying up super late because late is the only time she has available to work on these essays and she needs someone to bounce ideas off of. I will always be there for you two. 

No comments: