Saturday, October 14, 2023

Trusting in God

 

Sometimes I don’t have enough faith in myself to believe that I can be very strong and be more like this ant on my pool deck. Most times to be honest. But I’m trying hard to just trust God. 

When I don’t know what to do I have a little talk with Him and tell Him that if He makes it known I’ll follow the prompts. After 21 years in the same department, various jobs and promotions, I applied to leave for a different department. After over 18 years of specializing in what I do and over 6 years of asking to be paid like someone who specializes and knows what no one else does, for the department I decided it was time to look elsewhere. For several years I’ve been told that I could only be considered for an increase if I had an offer. That seems real appreciative doesn’t it?  While a coworker with less experience, that does know some things I don’t but I know things they don’t, gets a big bump over me. We do have different managers so that’s part of it. But I think I just needed the push. 

I went out of my comfort zone and applied for the job. They told me it could be a few weeks to get through the process but they called me just 3 days later to offer it with a little more than the posting.  It’s the perfect location, seems like a good unit and office culture and the money was definitely a factor. But it was also a position that sounded interesting and made me feel excited again. Something I hadn’t felt in awhile and somewhat due to feeling looked over and ignored.  

I haven’t officially accepted yet but plan to soon. I was told to think about it for a few days and give my office time to try to counter to keep me. Apparently my manager told them he was going to try, but I’m honestly not sure I’d stay. 

So mostly, this weekend, I’m focusing on researching the new department, figuring out who I’d work with etc and planning to wrap things up, pack things up and making plans for my family to move onto a different job. I’m trying to listen to God. I’m trying to continue to have faith that He’ll lead me down the right paths if I have faith and try. 

So here’s to praying I’m strong enough to do something new, to change our lives and go where I’m supposed to go next. And praying this is a beautiful move for my family and myself. 

No comments: