Thursday, November 9, 2023

A little laugh for the week


 To say this week has been stressful at work is an understatement. I was in tears last night feeling the pressure (put on myself) to know more than I should know after 7 days on the job.  I literally prayed that God would show me a sign that this was really the right place for me. I so badly want to prove to myself I CAN handle this role but if it’s wrong it’s wrong. I walked in, put my stuff in my office and went to get my water for the day and ran into the director in the hall. She asked how things were going. Me being my truthful self told her it was quite the learning curve after being somewhere for over 20 years, growing up with an organization and therefore being an expert of the material. She looked at me and said “you always had to have an A didn’t you?”  I answered truthfully.  Yes.  She told me to get past that. It’s fine. She said they hired me because of my experience.  And then later my manager told me he was having a conversation with someone else in the office that told him they won getting me to make the move. That was my sign. I can go on now and push forward as hard as I have been since I started. 

Over the weekend I got the pants I had ordered to go with a top that I can now fit in again. I ordered a 28. The tag in the pants and on the pants said 28. My husband just burst out laughing. Not making fun of anyone larger. Just funny that even the tags were so wrong. 

Onward to more learning and catching up with a lot of information in the coming weeks, months and years!

No comments: