Monday, November 6, 2023

Piecing it all together

 

I hadn’t felt tired, out of place or uncomfortable in a very long time. Yes the occasional I’m new to a parent group for a school function or something like that but not that new kid to school anxious feeling.  Not in quite awhile. 

I’ve definitely been feeling that these past several days, every day. Despite everyone being very warm and kind, newness at this age especially makes you feel something you likely haven’t felt in a long time. But getting the collage I had made up makes my office feel warm and me and that makes me feel safe in my place.  Until I feel safe and comfortable everywhere I will be running 100 mph to get up to speed on as much as I can.  I’m used to knowing so much and I need to give myself sometime to feel an ounce of that security here. And I’ll have to keep reminding myself.  Sometimes several times a day when I have a second to breath.  I can do this!

No comments: