Friday, November 3, 2023

Pure exhaustion


 Change is exhausting. Life is exhausting. 

We had finally gotten the car that hit the deer back and sent back to college with the kid. Then a bird hit the top of one of the cars and knocked the antenna attachment off that included wiring so we’re back with an auto body shop waiting to see if we have to file another claim from Mother Nature.  And now my daughter is sending me pictures from college because she thinks her gutate psoriasis was triggered by something after being symptom free since she went off the skyrizi in June.  She’s wondering if it was her flu shot and I really hate that she’ll have to go back on those meds because of what they do to your immune system but at the same time those sores that covered her body were miserable. And then there’s the cost of the medication. It was upwards of $25k per shot with my insurance discount. So hopefully Skyrizi will put her back in their copay program. 

And add to that starting a new job after 27 years with the same lace. I’m still excited about it but a little overwhelmed and a lot exhausted. A lot of meeting new people and information thrown at me in a small amount of time. The upside is everyone has been super nice and very welcoming. And I have a great office building location with a very nice office with sunshine pouring in the windows. And once I had a collage of the kids on the wall above my desk I felt better. 



No comments: