Friday, November 3, 2006

Chase’s first play date without mom and dad.

This is new territory to me.  He's been away from us to be with relatives (grandma and grandpa), but never people I don't really know.  I felt kind of overprotective when his friend's mom left a message asking if he could spend sometime at their house and wanted to call back and say "well, I need to talk to and meet you first".  I was so relieved when I called to say that and she said she totally understood and does the same thing with her kids.  WHEW!

 Tonight after work I went over there with him and while the boys played me and Wes' mom chatted for almost an hour to get to know each other more.  It helps that Brian's aunts and uncles live so close and know them, I felt a little better.  His mom was SO nice and the boys really did seem to have a lot in common.  So I left to come home and Chase ate dinner with them.  He got to stay for a little over an hour without mom or dad and when he got home he said he couldn't wait to go back.  The boys had such a good time.

 Big step for this momma!


No comments: