Friday, November 17, 2006

Enough already!

My poor baby.  The doctors and the agencies recommend (and really kind of want in case treatment is needed) blood tests run when your child arrives from outside the country.  Well, about 6 weeks after Chelsi arrived we went to the hospital to do just this and they stuck her about 6 times in one day to get blood and came back with zilch!

 I decided I was not repeating that for quite some time.  That was 7 months ago.  I finally worked up the nerve to request the orders be sent to the hospital again and took her tonight.  After sticking her once in each hand and each foot they finally got maybe 3-4 cc's of blood.  Not near enough for the tests ordered....probably not even 1/4.  But, I told them to use what they got and that's all they're getting from my brave little girl!

 She was SO good.  She didn't even cry the first stick.  The 2nd tech wasn't so good and she cried.  The 3rd did both of her feet and she did great through them both.  She is such a tough girl!  You would never expect it out of her sweet, tiny little self.

 Momma loves you Chels Chels!


No comments: