Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Does anyone else get tired of politics??

It's always, always, always the lesser or evils.  They all lie.  Some intentional, knowing they will not do what they say.  Some unintentional, after experience changes them...sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse.  The 2008 presidential elections is going to show true to be no different. 

I have watched bits and pieces of both conventions now.  I don't normally do that, but our world is a mess right now and I pray everyday things change and get better.  I want to try to know what I can and make an educated decision when I vote.    Here is some of my own observations and opinions taken away from these speeches and articles, etc.

Obama, I like.  I like that he talks to those of us that are "regular folk".  I like that he talks about how to change our economy and seems pretty focused on that.  It feels, at this point, it's time to focus on the middle-class that are being pushed further and further into poverty.  I don't like that he doesn't quite have the experience he probably needs.  Sometimes, that can be good.  I try to believe that.    Biden, has experience and lots of it, so that makes me feel good about it.  However, I'm a woman and I'm all for some "woman power", but Hillary ruined it.  Her speech was a bash more than a speech about why you should really vote for the candidates.  That always turns me.

Then there's McCain.  It's SOOOOOOOO hard to like someone that is so stinkin' rich that he actually doesn't think the economy is in trouble.  WHAT?!  And well, I shouldn't judge a book by their cover, but his wife just looks like the typical rich girl with everything she ever wanted...forget needed.  They don't know what need is.  Heck, I don't pretend that I truly know what need is, but there are so many in the United States that do, truly know need!  We make quite a bit under $100,000 annually (combined), raise a family of 6 and I'm saying we don't truly know what need is.  What about the people who are raising four kids, like us, and make far less?  Palin....I actually like.  She actually seems pretty well spoken and seems to have a decent head on her shoulders....which I think is why he chose her.  He NEEDS her to get the votes if he has a chance in you know where of winning.  I hope that her husband's job in the oil industry doesn't hurt her ability to make real decisions in Washington, should she go.  But, gosh, McCain just bugs me so much, he almost ruins it for her.  Then you have Giuliani.  Well, his speech SUCKED!  He wouldn't know how to talk to real families if he tried.  He's just the Hillary for the Republican party.  Let's bash the other party instead of talking about real issues.

What to do, what to do??  Does it matter?  I'm not one of those pushy people who insist that whomever I vote for is the ONLY way to go.  I'm neither Republican nor Democrat.  I just vote as I feel in my heart and gut.  I just pray that in the end, whomever that is that gets seated in that big white house in Washington, God leads them to make the right decisions.  The right decisions to help all of us.  To keep us all safe, alive and economically sound.  Economically sound for our governments and ourselves.  We still have families to take care of.  And I want to be able to do that.  Honestly, the one thing of Obama's, regardless of who gets in office, I'd like to see done, is to raise taxes on high, high incomes.  That's where the money is to be had.  Not those of us scraping by and keeping it honest.

Lisa


No comments: