Sunday, August 30, 2009

The days of summer are ending..

The kids are in school.  The pool has been taken down, we've had our last summer barbeque; even the weather is slowly cooling for the year.  The kids are able to play outside more due to the coolness and it seems more peaceful as summer settles.  Fall is busy with soccer and football, but it's a different atmosphere and sometimes doesn't seem quite as rushed.  The house is quiet and it's unusual here.  The older kids are outside cleaning up with their dad and playing while the littlest are napping quietly in their beds.  I actually have a moment or two for thoughts, that is rare.  The house is in order after we cleaned, but we know it will not stay that way.  I'm still working on letting that go as the kids get older and it gets harder and the house is more crowded with 7 of us here.  Sometimes, though, if only for a day, it's good to be in order.

Next week it will just be me and the younger 3.  The big boys are going with their dad to the cabin for a day to fish and have fun.  We could go, but the idea of 5 kids and a dog doesn't sound that relaxing.  Maybe once Jaemin is a little older or can at least walk we'll go.  Probably next year.  I don't know that it would be too easy bringing Dash and keeping track of him.  But, we need to dogsit for a few days.  The kids and I will try to do things just the 4 of us.  The girls can have some fun with, just, mom while little man sleeps.  I think we're all looking forward to a little reprieve from each other.  There's no getting away from anyone in this size house.  :)

Our summer feels like it came and went so quickly.  It started with Jaemin arriving and is ending with him feeling like he's been here and we've known him forever.  He feels like he was always meant to be here and always been part of the plan.  I haven't felt as much peace about these aspects of my life as I do with him here.  I think a part of me, somehow, always knew there was another child out there for us.  I was always saving my leave at work and money in case we got this kind of call or decided to adopt again down the road.  Though, I knew deep down we really wouldn't adopt again without a little push.  That call in March was our push.  It was all we needed to feel complete.  I always wondered how moms and dads knew their family was complete.  Was it truly a gut feeling that they instinctively knew or was it giving up because they really didn't think more children (no matter how they come) were possible?  I think that's why I always said we were complete.  I felt that if God wanted us to have more it would happen and it wouldn't be difficult or hard, but he would make it clear.  It wasn't immediately clear when we found out about Jaemin, but it was shortly after.

Today, I see the miracles it took for Jaemin to be with us.  If Brian hadn't done so well after his accident, Korea wouldn't have allowed Jaemin to come to us.  If the accident had been any later than it was we wouldn't known enough of what the outcome was going to be to accept the referral.  If that person in our life hadn't given us some of the money to complete the adoption or we couldn't have refinanced the house for some of the adoption money we wouldn't have been able to bring Jaemin home either.  It all worked out as if everything were happening on a timeline specifically orchestrated in advance.  I can't think back and think of anything that I would change.  That's when you know it's completely right and you followed God's promting to do what He has determined for you.

Lisa


No comments: