Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A kiss goodnight

Every night since J came home we've pretty much had the same routine.  We ask if he wants to go to bed, he says "ni ni" and I take him to bed.  We turn on Mozart and I hold him for awhile.  If I walk to close to his crib he'll reach for it, so I usually stay on the other side of his room for as long as I can so I can hold him for a bit longer.  Then when he reaches for his crib I take his paci and ask for a kiss and hug.  He always gives me a kiss, but he's not as good about the hugs.  Hugs are for arriving home.  After kiss and hug I lay him in bed and he turns on the water music player attached to his crib, cuddles his puppy and lays on his side.  I usually lean over the crib and stroke his cheek and kiss my fingers to his cheek for a little bit.

Tonight I was doing that and he put his hand to his mouth and blew me a kiss.  It was so sweet!  He just kept doing it.  I picked him back up and game him one more kiss goodnight and told him thank you.

I love these moments!


No comments: