Monday, October 19, 2009

What would I want them to know?

What would I want my kids to read if they read this blog years from now?

I would want Cole to know that he was special because when we lost our first daughter he gave us new hope.  Without her loss he wouldn't be here and we know he was special because of that.  Though, he has a tough time with some things, I enjoy watching how he changes as he gets older and more mature.  I enjoy watching him become a caring tween and someday the very caring man I see him becoming.  I also know how strong this boy is to make it through open-heart surgery with flying colors as a baby and never look back.  He gives people strength and hope in God.  He gives people reason to see that kids can change.

I would want Chase to know he was my little angel baby.  He let me know babies can be calm and laid back and just enjoy momma holding them.  He let me know that little boys are never too old to hug their mother.  I think he's going to have great friends as he is a great friend and person himself.  This boy exudes personality and it's a great one!  I look at him and feel proud for how hard he tries to be good in life.

I would want Kaelin to know that I have every faith that she will become the teacher she wants to be; and a great one too.  I see her teaching in Korea one day and see her fitting in anywhere she goes.  She's just that type of girl.  She is not meant to be a follower, but a leader/teacher.  She will always find her own way and people will watch her in awe because she's just that great.

I would want Chelsi to know she's my teeny tiny sweetheart baby...."my Chelsi" as she lovingly says to us.  She can go anywhere and do anything and no matter what we will remain close at heart.  She is beaming and bright.  She is a strong girl that came from a 3 lb baby and while still small is always going to be mighty and be heard.  She will do something great one day and somehow find a spotlight.  That's her.

I would want Jaemin to know that while he's still too small and young to figure out totally, I know he's an awesome boy.  He made me realize that there's always room for more love in my heart.  He took a pretty large chunk of my heartt and continues to hold onto it.  He is my love and a great athlete.  We can see his coordination and energy already.  He may never slow down, but he will always love those around him with his big heart.  We will always love him, as much, back!

I thought of this as I went to their rooms and kissed them goodnight tonight.  I had just finished rocking J to sleep and laid him in his bed.  I had already hugged and kissed the big boys goodnight and was going into kiss the girls.  I was thinking to myself, "when do I stop doing this?"  When will they make me?  That's when I stop.  For now, they all let me from 1-12 years old.  I will take it as long as I get it and enjoy it until the day they are no longer here for a hug at bedtime or just refuse to give into the requests of their mother.

Thank God for blessings.  I love watching my kids.  Especially, when they're not fighting, just interacting with one another or others.  They are so beautiful, inside and out!


No comments: