Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Temporary hold of $

I just looked at our Discover statement and realized we need to go on a spend hold until the statement switches to the new month (since we pay it off monthly).  We have to go almost 2 weeks with only buying a few, very limited, groceries and gas.  This is the ONLY way I can stay in budget.  I, duh, forgot that this was the month we had to pay $125 for Chase to play football this fall, so I'm that much behind for the month.  I really don't think I realized just how much things would change and how expensive things really would get as the kids got older.  I mean everyone tells you that happens and you think yeah, okay, things get more expensive.  But, with no raises for a few years, going backwards in income because of increasing insurance has starting putting me into more of a panic.  Especially since they're getting ready to release our 2012 premiums.  I'm really worried since whatever they raise will probably be per child since they decided to start charging that way last time.

I think I'm getting sort of sad knowing that my part time is now limited.  I have it approved through August 2012, but unless something gives, monthly, I don't think we can keep this up.  I'm taking out of savings to pay bills and that's not okay with me.  It's too hard to get it there in the first place and that is supposed to be for Korea, no touching.  I'm going to try to last it until I can either get a decent promotion at my job to make up for my decrease in pay or until we just absolutely, without a doubt can't do it any longer.  I don't perceive that to be too much longer, though, at the rate we're going.

Money truly stinks and sometimes feels like such an evil.  I mean, people would behave differently, sometimes I'm not sure if better or worse, if money weren't such an issue constantly.

No comments: