Saturday, July 2, 2011

He's gonna scare his momma!

My little man.  I absolutely love Jaemin with all my heart and soul, but that boy is one day gonna give me a huge scare.   We took the kids to the pool today since we had a freebie after swimming lessons.  Jaemin wanted his floaties off and since we were in the 2 foot area I let him have it off.  I was right there.  So, picture this.  There is 2 feet of water and Jaemin is 35 inches (1 inch under 3 feet).  He goes under.  Now, I knew he wasn't scared of putting his head under because every time we're in the 1 foot baby pool during swim lessons he puts his head under and practically kisses the bottom. 

He would bend his legs in that 2 foot pool and squat down.  I'm not talking about quickly bobbing under to get it over with, I'm talking slow motion enjoying going under.  He LOVES the water so much.  Then, Chelsi was swimming next to him and I told him to kick his feet and move his arms and swim under water like Chelsi did.  Sure enough my brave little man kicked his feet in back of his body floated down into the middle of the water and and kicked and swirled his arms around.  I left him go for a bit and he was still down.  Much longer than I swear any 2 year old has stayed under water.  I'd finally grab his feet and put them on the bottom of the pool.  Jaemin would stand up and smile; no water coughing, nothing.  That boy can hold his breath at 2 years old.  He' purely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fall more in love with Jaemin with every passing day of getting to be his mother.  I'm so blessed.

No comments: