Saturday, August 13, 2011

One last summer day

Yesterday was the last day of summer, at home, for the kids.  They are still off Monday and Tuesday, but they will go to grandma's.  I guess technically, that means it was my last day of summer WITH the kids.  I hadn't checked the weather yesterday morning, but it looked so nice out and wasn't 100 degrees for once.  I looked up the pool entry fees for the city pools an hour away and found one with diving boards and waterslides and an area for little kids.  Perfect.  For $17 there was something for all 5 kids.

We get about half way there and it starts to rain.  M checked the radar for us, since I don't have iPhone and said it looked like a pretty good chance.  We got to the park and it was not raining anymore, but they were closing down.  The kids were pretty sad.  So, I knew of an indoor one they had that wasn't as nice, but better than nothing right?  While it didn't entertain the big kids as much, the 3 youngest really enjoyed the indoor pool.  Jaemin went down the baby slide a couple of times and Chelsi went down the slide too many times to count!  Kaelin went down the big slide and the baby slide and Jaemin could not stay off the lazy river.  He could just float on through with his floatie on. Chelsi was too short for the height of the pool, except the baby area, so she stayed there or hung on my back in the deeper pool.

It was still worth the $14 it cost to go and spend my last afternoon with them.  Luckily, I'd made supper yesterday morning and Brian just had to heat it up so it was ready when we got home.  Jaemin was so worn out from playing so hard at the pool that he fell asleep on the way home.  He was more than happy to wake up and eat the yummy past with broccoli and sausage I'd made though.

Now, summer's over and I'm officially broke for the month and it's only half over.  Good thing the kids go back to school.  I won't even get into my worries about next month or the month after.  I'm focusing on the one summer I got to enjoy with my kids because I don't think I'll be able to make it last past this year.  The economy's just too tough.  Enjoy what you have now and the time with your kids....it's always shorter than you would like.  Oh and I wish I had pictures of yesterday, but I guess my camera had turned itself on inside my purse and the battery was dead when we got there.

No comments: