Friday, March 22, 2013

Donations and Gifts

I am done.  We have gotten as many gifts and donations as we could.  The only thing I have left is to buy some bags of Dove chocolates for the social workers, volunteer and foster families.....so about 7.  I'll wrap a pretty ribbon around it and call it good.  In addition, I went to the dollar store today to find as much as I could of what one of the agencies gave me as a list of needs.  Since the other two didn't give many really anything, I bought one of everything and they will each get the items.  Plus I knited about 15 hats all together.


Then, we have the gifts for the foster mothers.  I printed the portraits we took of them this fall and added their names and ages in Korean for them and put them in frames.  I knitted scarves for Chelsi and Jae's foster mothers while Kaelin knitted the one for her foster mother herself.






All of this together took almost the entire extra carry-on we're bringing.  I had hoped to bring donations from others, but there's just not space and I while we could just upgrade to a bigger suitcase to check, I can't imagine trying to get through the airport with 6 suitcases and 5 carry-on bags.....too much.  Each one of us bigger 5 will have a wheeled suitcase to be in charge of us and then everyone but Brian and Chelsi have a carry-on.  The girls are sharing one and I'm carrying a big back pack for Brian and I.  I'm going to have to get creative to get everything in all of these bags.  We're bringing some food too, to snack on.  I've already had to pare back my clothes.  The week we leave is when I find out what really can't go and what I can fit.  I'm not bringing an more than what we have decided.  Then, when the food is gone and gifts are gone, we should have room to bring anything we find there home.  I hope not to have to ship it home.  :)

No comments: